Here's a great place to tailgate on Detroit Tigers Opening Day! Extra large parking and tailgate space. If you bring two cars, they MUST arrive together.
Eastern Market is located in downtown Detroit, northwest of Comerica Park and Ford Field. Each parking space at Eastern Market's Lot 6 is extra long, partially covered, and can accommodate up to 2 cars (MUST arrive together) with room to tailgate. Lot 6 parkers have access to indoor restrooms.
Detroit Tigers Opening Day parking and tailgate proceeds go to support the Eastern Market's mission of providing greater access to quality food offered by locally owned businesses.
Opens: 7:00 AM
Closes: 1 Hour After Event. Must be out of Lot.
- Tailgating is permitted in the lot only. No tailgating on public streets or sidewalks.
- Spaces can hold up to 2 cars. If you need a third, purchase a reservation across the parking lot at Lot 5.
- Tailgating must be contained to within your parking space.
- All tents must be contained within your parking space. If not, additional fees will be assessed at the lot.
- All driving lanes must be kept clear.
- Underage drinking is prohibited.
- Only State-approved gas/propane grills with fuel valve shut-offs and self-contained charcoal grills are permitted.
- Self-starting coals or gas grills only. NO LIGHTER FLUID ALLOWED.
- Grills must be utilized outside of covered areas.
- All hot coals must be extinguished and placed in the hot coal bins located within tailgating lots.
- Trash must be bagged and disposed of in trash containers.
- Ball playing and Frisbee throwing is not allowed underneath any building or structure.
- Outside sales/fundraisers and solicitations are prohibited
- Platforms, stages, and vehicles with advertising are not permitted in tailgate areas unless previously approved. Please call Park n Party for details and pricing.