Eastern Market is located in downtown Detroit, northwest of Comerica Park and Ford Field. Eastern Market is a great location for Detroit Tigers Opening Day tailgating. Lot 5 parking provides plenty of space to park and setup a small tailgate around your vehicle. Lot 5 offers access to indoor restrooms.
In addition to the great pre-game atmosphere you'll find at Lot 5, all of the proceeds from Detroit Tigers Opening Day tailgate parking go to support Eastern Market's mission of providing greater access to quality food offered by locally owned businesses.
Opens: 7:00 AM
Closes: 1 Hour After Event. Must be out of Lot.
- Tailgating is permitted in the lot only. No tailgating on public streets or sidewalks.
- One Car, One Space. Oversized vehicles will be charged additional fees. Need more space? - Check out Lot 6 across the parking lot!
- Maximum of 10 people permitted per parking space.
- Tailgating must be contained to within your parking space.
- All tents must be contained within your parking space. If not, additional fees will be assessed at the lot.
- All driving lanes must be kept clear.
- Underage drinking is prohibited.
- Only State-approved gas/propane grills with fuel valve shut-offs and self-contained charcoal grills are permitted.
- Self-starting coals or gas grills only. NO LIGHTER FLUID ALLOWED.
- All hot coals must be extinguished and placed in the hot coal bins located within tailgating lots.
- Trash must be bagged and disposed of in trash containers.
- Ball playing and Frisbee throwing is not allowed underneath any building or structure.
- Platforms, stages, and vehicles with advertising are not permitted in tailgate areas unless previously approved. Please call Park n Party for details and pricing.